Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breed standard & bonitations

Breed standard & bonitations How typical CzW should look like, measurements and commentaries to the breed standard, information about bonitations and youth presentations....

Old 05-09-2008, 17:01   #11
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
I have never seen you train your dogs and I cannot judge you. But if I try to understand these words... Geryon was protecting himself from you, or better, from something you do to him which he doesn't like.
Yes Massimo - it is almost like you say... ALMOST because he was not protecting himself FROM ME, but from being measured by Sona...
In the dog training you have MANY situations where the dog do not want to do something (sometimes because the dog do not know it is good and nice).
What do you do in such cases? Do you say "my dog do not want to be trained"? And you make NOTHING? "CzW are to stupid to be trained because my dog don't want to do anything and I will not "forse" him to do things he don't like"? Or you show him that training (or bontation) is nothing wrong and dangerous and can be even nice and funny?

In such cases I find always some methods to "forse" the dog (with motivation like snacks, good words, aso.). In Hronec I could give up with Geryon (STUPID DOG DON'T WANT TO BE TOUCHED AND I RESPECT IT) but I think MUCH BETTER solution was just to say him some nice words, to stroke him and show "Sona and bonitation can be cool things".

If you will always give up by training with CzW you will never reach anything... Also not by me - I need much more POSITIVE motivation (like the perfect red wine from Italy) to make some things (like update of the database) earlier than planned...

The customs of your tribe are not laws of nature - George Bernard Shaw
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote