View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 23:54   #5
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Cs Wolfdog is a working dog, Saarloos is not, I can se the problem in the UK, where the breeds are half baned and x-crossings are not...

But I do not think mixing Cs Wolfdog and Saarloos will do the Cs Wolfdog good. but maby it will do the Saarloos a better and more healthy breed...

The mix however might bee a good dog, but not necessarily...

Regards / Mikael
hi the law in uk has been changed after 6 yrs hard slog with defra here is link to new law, you will see CvS is legal dog in uk. http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-cou...waa/hybrid.htm
there is no excuse for anyone in u.k. to be cross breeding the CVS with any other breed of dog inc saarloos, both breeds are good dogs within there own rights and cross breeding them serves no purpose at all, there are enough cross breds and to a more serious point there are enough cross breds who have been registered in Europe and have pedigree papers,,,,,,,,, and with major health problems, it has mostly affected the saarloos breed but when i look at some CVS that have appeared recently in posts then it looks like some have made it to pedigree status as well,,, sad but true, i have seen some CVS cross in uk and europe and they are beautiful dogs but thats as far as it should go, people trying to register such dogs as pure breds and trying to get pedigrees for such should be banned from breeding. pacino uk
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote