View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 17:34   #8
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

As a CSV owner in the US, it really hurts me to hear of perceptions of Americans, but in the same respect, I understand, especially after I read some of the posts from Americans on this site. Certainly there are many problems with the integrity of pet ownership and breeding in the US, but on the same token, there are many of us here that try to keep our animals with the highest standards of care and comfort. When we made the decision that we wanted to purchase a CSV, we had researched as much as we could, and tried to contact several owners and breeders to learn more. Flying to Europe at this point in our lives was not an option - we hope to in a few years - but we are not rich. When we do come across money, it usually goes to our dogs. Luckily, we found a very nice, helpful, and responsible breeder that took a chance on us, and helped us to make the arrangements to ship our dog. She flew in very comfortably - and was quite clean and happy, and ready to play - via a direct flight from Prague to New York City on Czech Airlines. The flight was around 8 hours in duration. We stay in contact with our breeder, and intend to, permanently - we have much gratitude. Our dog will never be resold, and we may eventually purchase another CSV - not to sell, of course! Our dogs are family, and we work and train with them daily. I think all of the above is true for the other owners of CSVs in the US I have written to. Not all people that live in the US are hungry for money. Hopefully, when we have established a US breed club, it will help serve as a resource for breeders in Europe - and the club will be able to connect responsible potential owners with breeders that are comfortable selling to the US, and also help to screen potential owners who are simply trying to make money.

Marcy
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote