View Single Post
Old 26-07-2010, 15:50   #27
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

I just want to underline once again that Blaming a breeder is NOT important in this case, DM is a recent thing (not the illness but the widespread knowledge we have about it) therefore it is USELESS to start blaming this or that breeder because of the breeding plans he did.
We should all CHANGE our perspective now...
It is POSSIBLE to breed dogs in a wide variety even if they are not N/N, all we have to do is to pay a LOT of attention.
Of course, If I have a positive dog, I would be careful which male or female I would use her/him with, but it doesn't mean the dog MUST be put out of breeding.
So, it is important to underline and stress the fact that, just because a breeder made a test on his reproducers and found out somebody is carrier or positive, this is NOT to be condemned, but instead , it is good information and will allow to make FUTURE breeding plans without the "ghost" of making a DM Positive dog.
I personally have more esteem and respect for a breeder who has a certified positive DM dog than for one who has many dogs with NO results.
I'd personally go for the Positive DM dog who is mated in an appropriate way than no info at all....