View Single Post
Old 31-08-2009, 19:05   #22
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildenmorgen
I guess another concern might be false identity of the male (in trying to breed mixes, perhaps...) Is there any kind of DNA test requirement (to establish verified parents) from the FCI with AI? In the US, it is required of imported sperm (and maybe also domestic, I forget...) and also imported dogs (who breed naturally) to have a valid DNA result from both parents before the AKC will register a litter.
ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION

13. Artificial insemination is not to be used on animals which have not reproduced naturally before. Exceptions (either the male or the female has not yet reproduced naturally) can be made by the national kennel clubs in certain cases. In the event the bitch is to be artificially inseminated, the veterinary surgeon collecting the stud dog’s sperm must provide a written certificate to the organisation which keeps the stud book with which the litter is to be registered stating that the fresh or frozen sperm was indeed produced by the agreed stud dog. In addition, the stud dog agent has to give, free of charge, the documents listed at Art.8 (a-g) to the owner of the bitch.

The costs for collecting the sperm and performing the insemination are charged to the owner of the bitch. The veterinary surgeon performing the insemination has to confirm to the organisation which keeps the stud book that the bitch has been artificially inseminated with the sperm of the stud dog originally foreseen. This certificate should also include the place and date of the insemination, the name and studbook registration number of the bitch and the name and address of the owner of the bitch.

The owner of the stud dog from which the semen was taken must provide a signed stud service certificate to the owner of the bitch in addition to the veterinary surgeon’s certificate.

... So ended that its up to the breeder ask the DNA, but even if it not be truth, the situation will be really complicate because it will put in cause the credibility of the vet which collected the semen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
I travel many times with my dogs 12-24 hours(by train), just for shows, exams and holiday and I never have any problems with stress, because my dogs are use to traveling ...all I want to say by this, all(most) dogs can be trained for everything, if the owner want it strong enough
You see, I have no problems at all to travel with my dogs in the car, trains and land transport, independant of the time it need, the main problem are airports, not all companies are experienced in travel with animals, not all airports in the world gives real attention to the dogs and are prepared for receive animals, as sometimes we can see pretty confusing situations, like the one mentionated by carlos.
Anyway dogs with the size of a addult CzW canot travel in the cabin, they go alone, in a box, passing for a very different pressure, speed and so on on the up and down of the airplane, shakes in the air because the turbulence, with the box handled by some different people, putted in a moving giant car together with the baggage ( sometimes more than 2 times, because the conections), believe me, its a very difficult situation for even think in training, no coment about the stress of all that.

In truth, If I live in europe I would go by car everywhere finding all so close, so mate dogs would be no problem, but I really can't be used as exemple.

Quote:
...another option could be to pay the owner of the stud dog to travel as I think stress would not have any big effect on the stud dogs performance and it that way you would eleminate the risks by stressing the female in such a way that she will not stay pregnant.

Just some thoughts !
It would be nice, but remembering that not all stud dog owners are breeders and have idea about the breed situation, selection and so on... not all stud dogs owners have time enough or even possibility to travel all that suddenly ( because the time we know the male must comes its pretty close to the one it must be already there for mate) only for the dog make "sex", because someone that he never saw in the life, that live in the another side of europe, or even of the world, need it for the breed sake.