Wolfdog.org forum

Wolfdog.org forum (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Book on the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog - English translation? (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17267)

GalomyOak 08-02-2011 23:01

Book on the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog - English translation?

Recently, I was able to see the book written by Ing. Karel Hartl and Jindrich Jedlicka (1996/2002) - and have done a rough translation into English for myself - the book is pure gold, really a delight to read, and very informative! At some point, I remember someone saying an English version was being (officially?) worked on. Did the translation ever get finished or published? If not, I would be very happy to offer my assistance on either mission - with permission from the authors and publishers, of course.

Hanka 09-02-2011 08:29

Hi Marcy, officiall english version does not exist.

Mikael 09-02-2011 22:38

Quote:

The translation is finished. Now it has to be corrected. If this is done very soon, it can be on the market about March.
That was March 2010... I do not know what did hapen after this, but I did send a PM to the one making the English version, I will post as soon as I hear from her...

Best regards / Mikael

Vaiva 09-02-2011 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanka (Bericht 357360)
Hi Marcy, officiall english version does not exist.

And... unofficial?....:oops:

Priska182 09-02-2011 23:45

I'm actually working on a French translation with the agreement of Ing. Karel Hartl :) And after that it will be easier to obtain an English translation... :)

GalomyOak 09-02-2011 23:56

I think I have my answer. :) I think there will be a book - in English - soon! The English speaking CSV world is in for a real treat!8) That's great that it will also be in French soon! It's a wonderful part of history for our breed!

Priska182 10-02-2011 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalomyOak (Bericht 357724)
I think I have my answer. :) I think there will be a book - in English - soon! The English speaking CSV world is in for a real treat!8) That's great that it will also be in French soon! It's a wonderful part of history for our breed!

Hello Marcy,
I also think it will be really great for our breed, and I was waiting for a French or an English version since 12 years now... So I try to do it myself ;) It's really a big job, so when the French version will be ready, it will be really great if we can work together on an English version :)
I think it will be really great if we can publish them for the breed here in America :D

wolfin 10-02-2011 00:32

I think better we mas write new book with today information about breed, training ,healty and feeding.
When I in 2002 years brought my first CSV I had and this book in czech language ( yes I read she all for me this no problem) and ... I was very sad- she are antique. old info, with very small hystorical info, and she me not help in growing my first CSV. I mas search others info resources, not this book.
Yes to read, like first CSV book- this are interesing, but not moore.

Vaiva 10-02-2011 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfin (Bericht 357740)
I think better we mas write new book with today information about breed, training ,healty and feeding.
When I in 2002 years brought my first CSV I had and this book in czech language ( yes I read she all for me this no problem) and ... I was very sad- she are antique. old info, with very small hystorical info, and she me not help in growing my first CSV. I mas search others info resources, not this book.

Dear, if you write this book I will ASURE the professional english translation - if you make it in Lithuanian, and I am sure you can :twisted: Not translated by myself ofcourse, but I have some friends that could help in this work!!!

wolfin 10-02-2011 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaiva (Bericht 357743)
Dear, if you write this book I will ASURE the professional english translation - if you make it in Lithuanian, and I am sure you can :twisted: Not translated by myself ofcourse, but I have some friends that could help in this work!!!

this working... moore info soon.. 8) thanks :)

michaelundinaeichhorn 10-02-2011 10:13

Daiva is right. Even in 2002 the information was quite limited.
You get more information if you work yourself through this website.

Michael

Koos 10-02-2011 11:19

Hello

The book of K. Hartl we have translated at first into the Dutch language. After that we have let made it into the German version and we have worked also on the English version.

This took more time than we have expected but now it is ready and the book will be available at least at the end of this month.

Greetings,

Letty de Graaff
Kennel van Goverwelle
www.graaff-goverwelle.nl

elf 10-02-2011 11:37

Are you all refering too "Ceskoslovenský vlcák, Ing. Karel Hartl, Jindrich Jedlicka, Brno 2002" (60p pdf) ?

If yes take care to don't reinvent the wheel, even if no perfect google translation works very good (I read it no problem through ces->eng translation), the only pitfall is google allow only something like 10 pages translation but this can easliy be solve by pdf spiting/merging (pdfsam software).

If someone is working on a new book, please include the great work done by genetic department of CZ university.

André 10-02-2011 11:48

CZ Univ? Which univ exactly?

elf 10-02-2011 12:55

I though of this one: http://www.fappz.dev.webcore.czu.cz/en/?r=2382

Would be nice to gather somewhere Universities working on CSV, and gather publications in one thread.

Mikael 10-02-2011 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoosLetydeGraaff (Bericht 357782)
Hello

The book of K. Hartl we have translated at first into the Dutch language. After that we have let made it into the German version and we have worked also on the English version.

This took more time than we have expected but now it is ready and the book will be available at least at the end of this month.

Greetings,

Letty de Graaff
Kennel van Goverwelle
www.graaff-goverwelle.nl

Nice Letty :) Good Work :klatsch

I want one or maybe more than one :p

Very best regards / Mikael

Priska182 10-02-2011 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoosLetydeGraaff (Bericht 357782)

WOW it's really nice to at list will be able to purchase it in English :)
Thank you for your work on it :)

mijke 11-02-2011 02:30

Of course it would be GREAT to have an English translation of this original book :)

But I agree with Daiva, Mikael, Vaiva , Michael, Elf and others :)
It is an old "standard" book about the beginning of the breed (and of course still very interesting!)

But even in 2002 the information was quite limited and on wolfdog.org this is/was (since the crash it is more limited) possible to find more info about nowadays development about this breed ;)

So I agree with Daiva for 100% with this comment:
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfin (Bericht 357740)

And I'll support writers of "new books" about the breed as much as I can :)

hanninadina 11-02-2011 10:54

@Elf are there genetics research information from the University in Czech done for czechoslovakian wolfdogs? Do you have the direct link. Or why are you refering to them?

Thanks

Christian

PS: in first short look, I could not find a word about the csw.

buidelwolf 11-02-2011 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanninadina (Bericht 357967)
@Elf are there genetics research information from the University in Czech done for czechoslovakian wolfdogs? Do you have the direct link. Or why are you refering to them?

Thanks

Christian

PS: in first short look, I could not find a word about the csw.

http://wp.czu.cz/cs/index.php/?r=107...ion=1263281364

http://wp.czu.cz/cs/index.php/?r=107...ion=1263281380